Tuesday, December 09, 2008

jars of clay

When I saw this picture it struck me how well it explains us as humans. We are all pretty much the same thing, made with the same stuff, by the same Person, but each totally useful and precious at the same time.
"For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Cor. 4: 5-7

There have been many times during the last 6 months when I have asked myself and God, "What in the world are we doing out here? and What is our purpose- are we doing ANY good?"

It always comes back to how my relationship with my Father is doing. When I start asking these questions, it is usually because I have lost my focus and God is slipping to the side. When He is #1, I don't have any questions about what I'm doing, where we are going or how long something is going to take. I just do it and have peace in my heart.

I falter when I start thinking that it is all about me, or that I have something to give. My own clay pot would only be a lump of clay if not for my Creator. And my Creator made me for His purpose only. Why do I forget to look to Him for my everything? Because I am a clay pot- but in me is His Spirit. This is how I continue to grow and change, His Spirit inside me speaking, molding me from the inside and renewing me each and every day- at least when I allow Him to do that.

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
2 Cor. 4: 16
WOW! Crazy stuff that boggles my mind. I will just try to keep it simple and rely on my Creator to use me and mold me until I shine like Jesus- the Original pot.

My purpose: To love God with all my heart, soul and mind and love my neighbor as myself.

No comments: