Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just want to say thank you for all the sweet comments from my last post. I have been so encouraged by all the support and prayers from all of you, some who I haven't even met face to face yet, wow! The world wide web is amazing, isn't it?
We were down at my in-laws for Easter and enjoyed some time away- did the whole egg dying thing and egg hunt which was a hit with the kiddos. I like those fun little traditions.



This Easter has been pretty special for me. My heart has been tender lately with the thoughts of losing things, leaving, etc. So having the meaning of Easter on the forefront of my mind has been so good. Imagining the cross, the temple curtain splitting, and thinking about what it must have been like to be the women who found the angels at the tomb, has kept me in His perspective.
"Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you while he was still with you in Galilee: 'The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.' Then they remembered his words."
Can you even imagine what that would have been like? Their Savior, the One who they had been waiting for generations for and hoping in, finally came and did what He had promised!!! I get overwhelmed just thinking about all of it.
Right then, those women experienced a bit of heaven. Gladness and joy overtook them and sorrow and sighing fleed them (Isaiah 35:10). Now just imagine how intense the moment will be when we join the Trinity in heaven.
Having that to focus on literally makes everything else in my life seem like no problem. If I have a King who is going to give himself up like this to stomp on death for me, then I will do anything for Him. Grateful can barely describe what I feel for Jesus. He IS my everything!
I hope all of you had good moments with our Savior this weekend.

No comments: