Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Update on the kiddos

Considering the fact that I am a FULL time mother, it strikes me as kind of odd that I don't talk more about them on my blog. Hmmm....what does that mean?? Maybe I'm just a little tired of talking about poop, wiping bottoms, noses, hands, feet, or whatever at the end of the day and would like to tap into my intellectual/thoughtful side of the brain. Who knows?
Anyways....I thought I'd give you a brief update on the 3 little rascals.
First, I'll start off with our little Eva Diva. She is now 19 months and embracing it fully. She truly is quite the diva and is turning into a whirlwind of energy, life, and fearlessness. She falls off things and then decides she likes it, so she climbs back up just to JUMP off of whatever she fell from. Lord, help me. She runs around jabbering at the top of her lungs, but who knows what she is saying because she has decided not to enter the world of words yet. However, she has mastered "no" and "mama". I guess she figures she just needs those to get by for now. Her favorite thing to do is to get into cupboards and pull everything out, play with her brother and sister, and wrestle. Her name means "life" and man, she is definitely that and more. There are moments where she exhausts me to no end but 2 seconds later she gives me the biggest "squeezer hug", snuggles up to me and melts my heart.

Here is Ally-gator, 3 1/2 years old, middle child, etc. She still calls slobber, "slobbit" and does not correct herself when she hears the correct pronunciation. My little Ally-girl LOVES her little sis, sometimes so much that I hear Eva's muffled screaming and realize the big sister has tackled her in a bear hug. Ally is fairly care-free and hap-hazard; she can be found with one sock on, pants on backwards, and no shirt on, dancing around the room to her favorite music at various moments of the day. Ally has the will of an ox but she also counteracts that with a soft, warm, huge heart. She wants to be a doctor when she "gets big" and something inside me says that just might be a possibility. She has an incredible sense of humor, always ready for a good joke or a good tickling. She is more of a home-body and would rather be with people she knows and is comfortable with. She can sniff out flesh a mile away (meaning, if it is not done in Love, she will have NOTHING to do with you.) She's our sharp, care-free, and witty one folks, watch out!


Avery man is 5 years old and is turning into quite the little gentleman. He is a classic "first child" case- leader, likes things in their place, rule-follower, and can be a little anal at moments. He loves his Legos, Tinkertoys, and other building materials- by the way, he wants to be a "builder". Lately I have had sad "mama moments" of feeling like my baby boy is growing up. He truly is becoming a boy, punching things, standing in front of the mirror making weird noises and faces for long periods of time, teasing his sisters, making up random rules of made-up games which always makes him in charge, constantly asking me for snacks (sugar), wanting to go and play over at friends' houses, etc. He is my sweet boy though, with a sensitive heart towards Jesus, loves his daddy with all of his heart, and has become a little protective of me and his sisters. My sweet kiddos. I love them more than they will ever know. Mothering has been such a struggle sometimes but has become the most rewarding thing that I have ever been a part of. I am truly blessed to watch them grow, learn and understand they are daughters and a son of the King. They have helped me learn many things but mainly to enjoy life, relax, and live in the moment. I still have MUCH to learn.......

5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

how wonderful to meet your sweet children! they sound amazing.
i look forward to hearing more :)

~katy

The Locke Family said...

Oh I can't wait to be with you all for a few months! I feel like I've missed so much! They are gorgeous. Love you,
em

Unknown said...

Love them all!!! I am so privileged to have spent time with them (and you :D) I count it joy for every moment I share with them in the future. Love, Shelly

Unknown said...

these kids are so blessed to have you as a mother!! seriously. and they are sooo precious.

Anonymous said...

Hey cousin, your kids keep looking cuter! Must run in the family...

We're looking forward to seeing you out here in the fall. When do you leave?