Monday, February 25, 2008

The first days of sun!

Posted by Picasa
Oh, how wonderful the first bits of good weather are! Watching my kids release the months of pent up energy is the best thing ever! Our crocuses are popping their pretty little heads up, the disgusting dog poop gets picked up more regularly, I have even opened up the house a few times to let the breeze blow through. Andy and I love getting out in the yard and doing a little grunt work, it feels good. I even started a compost pile! And yes, I actually get out there a few times a week to turn the nasty stuff! The weather guy keeps saying that we are in for more rain, as usual, but the sun keeps shining for some reason. Why do we need weather guys? What are we are going to do about it anyways? So we have just been enjoying the vitamin D and fresh air. For Andy and I there are many things on our plate to get done, so a good dose of good weather helps to revive my spirit and helps me remember.....
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4-7

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Wonderfully blessed by that sunshine. Here in Uganda we get to soak it up all year round! Trying to teach the kiddos that yes, there are four seasons :) How are plans coming along for the journey that lays ahead? Remember we are but pilgrims--so keep those eyes on eternity.