Ok folks! Here it is! We're asking for lots of prayer! Thank you to all of you who are keeping up with us and praying already.
Dear Friends and Family,
We are excited about the direction God has us moving in. Many of you we know well, and have been sharing in this journey with us, while others are part of Grace Chapel, our home church, and only know us through an occasional smile and nod every other Sunday. One way or another, we believe God is calling us to communicate to you the exciting adventure He has us on.
God is calling our entire family to the mission field. Not to the traditional “mission field” that many of you are envisioning right now. Rather, in the original “
We desperately want to begin His Kingdom now. Our vision is not to go around and get people off the street, but to show people that there is hope, and that they are important and loved. We want the people we come across to know that the loneliness, sadness, and hopelessness that is prevalent in our country today is nothing when compared to His love and His hope.
The details. I am a teacher at
We know that this ministry will impact the poor and marginalized throughout the areas we travel to, but we are extremely excited about what this is going to teach us as a couple, as parents, and as a family. With three children Avery (4), Allyson (3) and Eva (1), we will be doing plenty of parenting in a 30ft motor home. Ultimately I pray that this ministry will show our kids what it truly means to be a follower of Christ. We fully understand that although this may be an “adventure,” it will also be filled with times of stress, sadness, fear, and exhaustion, but we also believe that we can rely on God, knowing that Christ carried His cross and through His strength we can pick up ours each day and follow Him.
A lot of details need to be worked out, and a lot of miracles need to occur for our journey to begin. We are sending this letter to you for one major reason, we covet your prayers and desire for our home church, friends and family to walk along side of us as we move towards obedience in Christ. We would appreciate your prayers for the following things:
1) That the stress of quitting my job and living without income will be over-ridden by God’s ever-reaching sovereignty.
2) To sell our house, this is the key to beginning our ministry, and we are truly relying on God to come through. The Lord has blessed us with a real estate agent who will walk us through all the details of selling “by owner”!
3) Someplace for our family to stay in-between selling our house and beginning our road trip.
4) Someone who would love to take our huge dog, Kenobie. Specifically someone who has lots of room!
5) To find a used diesel motor home at a reasonable price that would not only fit our needs as a family of five, but be in good mechanical condition. (Diesel specifically because we would like to convert it to use veggie oil!)
6) To find a non-profit that will support us, keep us accountable, and will provide administrative aid.
7) A laptop computer in order to keep in touch with supporters of our ministry and keep records of finances, etc.
8) That we will be able to make contacts with churches, faith communities, or faith organizations that will be supportive of our ministry in each of the cities we plan on visiting.
We thank you for taking the time to read this letter. If you have any comments or any questions for us, please talk to us at Grace Chapel, or email us. If you would like to offer support in any way, or would like to receive email updates along the way, please email at:
Andy and Serenity Coulombe