Friday, August 31, 2007

going downtown

hey folks,
just wanted to ask for prayer as we head downtown Portland tomorrow to hand out care bags and love on the homeless! We successfully reached our goal of 100 bags of toiletries, energy bars, socks, McD's coupons, and other little snack items. Many people contributed to this effort! Yay, God!
We've got a great group going with us....
I pray that each of us is overwhelmed by His heart and passion for each person we meet and talk with.
I pray that we would sense His love and presence so fully that all our fears would dissolve as we enter the darkness that consumes the streets.
I pray that this would be yet another opportunity to knock us all down a notch so that we can truly see that we are ALL children of God.
And most of all I pray that we would all come back shining His light a little bit brighter.
I'll keep you posted!

No comments: