Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The REAL me

I'm assuming that a lot of you who read this look and read other blogs, like me, and have a few favorites on your list of bookmarks. There are lots of good ideas out there, lots of good words, opinions, deep thoughts etc. I actually like to think that I have some good ideas also, every once in a while. But one thing that the Lord has been asking me lately is "Are these ideas, thoughts, good words and revelations your identity? Or is your identity in Me?" "eek!", I say.
I am going through a verse by verse study on Song of Songs which has allowed the Lord an opportunity to ask many questions about my intimacy with Him. I have grown to believe His Truth over the last 5-6 years, but have I believed them for myself, as if Jesus was talking personally to me? Do I believe that His Love is better than wine? Better than His blessings!? Lord, I have too many blessings! This leads me to believe and truly understand why James said, "Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?" When we are poor, when we don't have much stuff, we have a wonderful opportunity to identify ourselves in His love, His promises and His truth. Even if He doesn't give me many natural/tangible or even spiritual blessings, I believe He IS better!
This world teaches us that His blessings are better than His love! I have to make the choice. I have been given this freedom to choose His love over His blessings. The fact that Jesus came to save us and promise us life after death is amazing, but that also is a blessing, isn't it? He came to anoint us with His love and to give us a more clear understanding of who our identity needs to be in. He loves us so much that He would do that! The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord IS upon me, to live a life worth living, to glorify Him, to enjoy His Peace, and to have a True identity. Our true identity lies in Him, everything else is false and will never satisfy. Yes, I choose to believe that. It is hard because that means all of His blessings are extra and not needed. But the wonderful thing is that He loves us so much that He WILL continue to pour out His kisses/blessings no matter what we choose. Isn't that awesome?
So I will ask you the same. What have you chosen to believe? Do you believe His love is better than wine? Who do you believe the REAL you is?

No comments: