Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Little glimpses


I realized recently how this blog thing is the best way EVER to speak my thoughts to whomever wishes to listen. I don't have to wrestle anyone down to give me an ear, I just have to type. So, here goes. My thoughts......
Ally,or Allygator, my little spit fire of a 2 (almost 3) year old has recently kicked it up a notch with attitude and expressing her "true" feelings. She is hard-as-nails on the outside, but one big marshmallow in the middle, In a matter of minutes she can melt your heart and make you steaming mad.
This, however, is my favorite thing she does lately. When she wakes up from nap, she will open up her door, just a crack and wait there. She will wait a good 10 minutes just to be noticed and pursued. I thought it was silly at first, but then I realized how sweet that little gesture is. She wants to be noticed and I have a special opportunity to give her that. So, I work up as much excitement I have in me, sweep her up in my arms and tell her how happy I am to see her awake. I am treasuring these little moments in my heart and praying that I will see every opportunity to show her little glimpses of the sweet love of Jesus. I must take every chance I have to stop, rest my mind, and smell the beautiful flowers that are growing up all around me.
There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven Ecclesiastes 3:1 .... and I dont' want to miss any of them!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this story! That's so cute. I'm glad Ally has a mommy who will show her how excited and in love with her she is. I think you're right that that gives her glimpses of Jesus--and maybe more than little ones!