One of the most exciting parts of Jubilee Food Pantry is seeing glimpses of the Kingdom of God.
Jesus talked about the Kingdom over and over again. His favorite topic and should be ours too. But it can't be our favorite if we don't know what to look for.
I am blessed to have eyes that have seen....
- people in my home that don't speak my language but hug me and smile
- a ministry that is becoming an "us" thing, rather than "us and them"
- always enough
- my children sharing toys with strangers
- finding friendship in places I would have never imagined
- a passion for justice being worked out in my heart and mind
- friendship being made in a place of need
Have you seen glimpses of His Kingdom here on earth?
If not, I encourage you to read Jesus' words that tell what the Kingdom is like and then ask for eyes to see.
"For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."