Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homeschool for Mom

There are times when I think maybe I'm homeschooling because God wanted to teach me some pretty cool stuff about Himself.

Like the solar system for instance..

Just looking outside in the morning and gazing at this beauty (below) and knowing that He planned for Venus to be the Morning Star, shining brightly for me to see when I wake up, groggy-eyed.

And how He planned for Earth to be perfectly placed so it wasn't too far away from the Sun or too close and moving it just a little bit would destroy us.

And how all the planets have different rotations and axises; everything has its place and timing.

And how Earth is like a tiny grain of salt compared to how many stars, planets, moons and galaxies there are...which makes me even smaller.

And how my eyes can only see some of the stars in our Milky Way galaxy, beyond this I may never ever see.

And how after He made Everything just so, He gave it to silly ol' me and you to take care of.

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters." Genesis 1:1-2

2 comments:

Emie Kay said...

I totally agree! :-) Thanks for the beauty you share! I LOVE YOU friend,
em

Susannah said...

love this!!!
great to have this refreshing perspective.