Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mary

Have any of you listened to the song, Breath of Heaven? I'll paste the lyrics at the bottom of this so you know where I'm coming from. I just LOVE this song.
Every time I listen to this song it brings me to a flood of tears. I see the beautiful picture of what it means to be a vessel for God. Like Mary, I carry my Lord and Savior, so that God's will can be made complete.
I was listening to this song last night and I asked the Lord why He would choose me. Mary asked this question also. I have often thought of Mary as someone higher or more holier than I (some would argue that she is) but the Lord reminded me last night, "I will use any willing child who has acknowledged that the Blood of my Son is what makes them clean and pure. I used Mary because she was willing and she was a virgin, pure and blameless. I did not love her more than any other person. Purity and willingness is all I need to complete my will."
Mary would not be Mary without Jesus. I would not be Serenity without Jesus, whether I acknowledge this or not. The question is not whether I am pure or if I am chosen; it is, am I ready to be a willing vessel for Jesus to live in me and use me to complete His Father's will?
Mary chose life! The life that she would have chosen? Probably not. Too much pain and no control. Can you imagine? To know that your son was born to take on the sin of this world, to die so that you could live? I cannot imagine the burden that she carried, a burden that somehow she had to release to her son over and over again. Now that is deep and painful in itself.
I could write and write about this.
Mary, a willing vessel for God. Lord, I desperately want to be like Mary. I want you to be able to do your will through me.
I pray that I will always answer you with, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." (Luke 1:38)

Breath of Heaven

I have traveled many moonless nights,
Cold and weary with a babe inside,
And I wonder what I've done.
Holy father you have come,
And chosen me now to carry your son.

I am waiting in a silent prayer.
I am frightened by the load I bear.
In a world as cold as stone,
Must I walk this path alone?
Be with me now.
Be with me now.

Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven.

Do you wonder as you watch my face,
If a wiser one should have had my place,
But I offer all I am

For the mercy of your plan.
Help me be strong.
Help me be.
Help me.

Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.

Breath of heaven,
Hold me together,
Be forever near me,
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven,
Lighten my darkness,
Pour over me your holiness,
For you are holy.
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven.
Breath of heaven.

Many blessings to all of you during this Christmas season. I pray for new revelation of His birth and more willingness to be His servant.

No comments: